Ayurveda is 5000-year-old science and is currently followed majorly in India.
Cancer is a lethal disease, where there will be excessive growth of the tissue. There will be the movement of the excessively growing tissue from one organ to another organ, known as metastasis.
Characteristics of cancer cells
1. Lack of apoptosis: Cancer cells do not die, whereas the normal cells will be killed by the immune system if there is any abnormality in their growth
2. Metastasis: Cancer cells migrate from one part to the other part of the body
3. Lack of immunity: Patients with cancer lacks immunity. In the normal healthy individual, abnormal cells will be evaded and killed by the immune cells, however, cancer patients lack this immunity
Ayurveda suggests several ways to prevent cancer including food habits and lifestyle changes.
a. It contains chemical constituents like vitamin C, tannins, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. Vitamin C has the property of scavenging free radicals. Scientific trials have proved that the use of gooseberry extracts can prevent cancer
a. Garlic has antimicrobial properties, which prevents the growth of cancer agents. WHO recommends the use of 2-5 grams of garlic for adults
• Eat foods that are easy to digest
• Prevent smoking and alcohol
• Avoid accumulating toxins in the body
• Take less sugar
• Have more fruits and vegetables
Factors that cause cancer as per Ayurveda
• Pollutants, toxins, pesticides, alcohol, sugar, and meat
• Improper diet
• Free radicals within the body
Treatment by Ayurveda
• Restoring digestive power